Achari Fish Finger
(Cook with Harish)
This is classic childhood food at its very best. Whether you’re bringing back happy memories or starting new ones, these homemade Aachari fish fingers are a must-make recipe.
The first time I ever make fish fingers was during my good Industrial training days. so lets start Achari fish fingers
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
- Energy 472kj
- Fat Total 13g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Protein 70g
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Sugar 0g
- Sodium 219mg
- 650g River sole fish- or other fish, thick white fish fillets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tblsp Mustard paste
- 2 Tblsp Achar paste (Achar Masala)
- 3 Tblsp All purpose flour
- Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Chopped coriander
- 6-8 Tblsp breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- Select all ingredients
- Make a nice batter
- Cut the fish nicely into 4-5cm slices.
- Marinate each of the Fish fingers in batter.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least an hour.
- Crumb in bread crumb.
- Preheat oil – either for deep frying or shallow frying (if you’re making chips as well you may as well opt for deep frying & cook your chips first).
- In deep fryer the fingers took around 4-5 minutes to cook as they were quite thick fingers.
- Serve hot with Mint chutney or Mint Mayonnaise