ALOO KE GUTKE RECIPE
ALOO KE GUTKE RECIPE is originally a delicacy that belongs to the Uttarakhand. The dish mainly consists of the Potatoes and some spices. Cooked well in the oil and various spices such as hing, cumin, coriander powder and turmeric powder enhance the taste of this dish.
This is one of the dishes that represents the food culture of Uttarakhand. Every restaurant, every occasion, and the festival will have ALOO KE GUTKE offered to you with utmost love.
Aloo ke gutke
- Potatoes 3, large (or normal aloo)
- Chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped for garnish
- 3 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Dry red chilis whole
- 1 tsp Jakhiya
- Asafoetida A pinch
- Season with a teaspoon of salt for potatoes. Bring water to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook at rapid simmer until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife.
- Heat Mustard oil in kadhai add the cumin seeds and jakhiya Mustard sedds, Once seeds start popping. Add asafoetida, Chopped garlic and dry red chilis and saute for few seconds.
- Add potatoes and mix well for to coat the spices.
- Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Coriander powder, and Dry red chilis
- Sauté the potatoes for about 5 -7 minutes on med – med low flame until potatoes are evenly roasted.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let potato cook over low heat until fully cooked and brown charred marks appear on potato.
- Turn of the heat, transfer to a serving dish and garnish the potatoes with red chilies and lots of coriander leaves.
- Serve Aloo ke Gutke hot with Garam Masala Chai and plain parantha.