Baby Kale & beetroot Salad
(Cook With Harish)
Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe With Baby Kale & Goat Cheese snow is a delicious and healthy salad recipe packed with the goodness of beetroot and Baby kale. The Snow of goat cheese adds to the punch of the salad and the candid walnuts add to the crunchiness of the salad. this salad is incomplete without fresh Orange segment.
Baby Kale & Beetroot Salad
- Fine Cheese Grater
- Before start everything Wrap Small size of goat Cheese and keep in the Deep freezer.
- Heat the oven to 400°F. This is a flexible cooking temperature; if you're using the oven for cooking something else, beets can be cooked at that temperature. Beets will cook more slowly at lower temperature and more quickly at higher temperatures. At higher temperatures, check more frequently for scorching
- Take Small beets Wrap them loosely in aluminum foil. No need to dry the beets before wrapping.
- Place the wrapped beets on a baking sheet Roast for 10 to 20 minutes. Check the beets every 5 minutes or so. If they are starting to look dry or are scorching on the bottoms, dribble a tablespoon of water over the beets before re-wrapping. Beets are done when a fork or skewer slides easily to the center of the beet. Small beets will cook more quickly than large beets.
- Set the beets aside until cool enough to handle. Hold one of the beets in a paper towel and use the edges of the paper to rub the skin away. The skin should peel away easily; if it doesn't, the beets likely need to cook for a little longer, Peel beets and cut into same size.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 1 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 Tbsp butter. Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so your mixture doesn't burn, When the sugar mixture starts melting, stir constantly until all sugar is melted and nuts are coated. Transfer immediately onto a sheet of parchment paper and separate the nuts right away
- While the beetroot and Walnuts is set aside, whisk together ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil , Salt and Pepper , to taste ,1 teaspoon Mustard paste , 1 tablespoon White Wine Vinaigrette
- In a large mixing bowl add Baby kale, Candied walnuts, Orange segment, and beetroot.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat the salad with the dressing.
- Add the Pea shoots on top then grate goat cheese over the Beetroot Salad ( same like snow ) and serve immediately.