Spread the love
(Cook With Harish)
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 oz. Parmesan, grated (about ¾ cup)
- Garlic cloves
- Basil leaves (about 3 bunches)
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
Basil Pesto Steps by Steps
- Garlic with a little pinch of salt and the basil leaves in a pestle and mortar, or pulse in a food processor. Add a bit more garlic if you like, but I usually stick to ½ a clove.
- Add the pine nuts to the mixture and pound again.
- Turn out into a bowl and add half the Parmesan. Stir gently and add olive oil
- Season to taste, then add most of the remaining cheese. Pour in some more oil and taste again.
- Keep adding a bit more cheese or oil until you are happy with the taste and consistency.