Bengali Mahi Curry
(Cook With Harish)
Here i came with new fish recipe which is really delicious and easy to make. this Bengali Mahi curry recipe is nothing less then a perfect dish for the fish lovers. The best part is that it does not require much ingredients and time to cook. All you need is just Fish and some ingredients i mention down below so lets start Bengali Mahi Curry Recipe Steps by Steps and enjoy it with your friends and family.
- 1kg Fish
- 3-4 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, paste
- 1tbsp ginger, paste
- Cream (25ml)
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 tsp black pepper, powder
- 8 black pepper corns
- 16 Slice Almonds
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp gram masala, powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp kewra water
- 1/2 cup ghee/Oil
- salt to taste
- Julienne ginger, sliced green chilies and green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat the oil on medium flame and add to it whole cardamoms, cloves, black peppercorns, cinnamon sticks broken into pieces and when all these whole spices starts spluttering add onions.
- Fry the onions till it changes it color to light golden brown.
- Now add the Fish cut into pieces, and fry well till it changes its color to light golden.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste and ground spices i.e cardamon powder, black pepper powder & salt.
- Cook for sometime and when all spices has mix well add cream with touch of lemon juice.
- Now add almonds and little water if required, and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the Fish is cooked and oil starts coming up add lemon juice, and kewra.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves, green chilies and Julienne ginger and I have garnished with Almond flakes too.