(Cook with Harish)
Burani Raita is a simple yogurt raita with garlic and Indian Spices. It pairs well with pulaos, biryanis and makes a yummy accompaniment.Burani raita is a creamy raita from the Hyderabadi cuisine, which is very easy and quick to prepare and pairs perfectly with spicy biryanis. This raita is not only refreshing but is packed with the flavours too. This raita has hints of garlic and roasted cumin powder.
Not only spicy biryanis, you can also have Burani raita along with kebabs, vegetables curries and phulkas.
- 1 cup curd (Dahi/yogurt)
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera) , roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Black Salt (Kala Namak) , as per your taste
- To begin making the Burani Raita, pour the curd in a medium sized bowl whisk it well using a blender.
- Now add the remaining ingredients which includes garlic, red chili powder, cumin powder and black salt. Mix it properly and your raita is ready.
- Serve Burani raita along with biryani and mirchi ka salan for a delicious weekend lunch.