Casarecce Pasta with pomodoro sauce
(Cook With Harish)
There are certain recipes that are essential to have in your recipe box and one of them has to be a phenomenal Casarecce Pasta with pomodoro recipe. Years ago, when I was teaching kids’ cooking classes, this was one of the first things I taught them. Almost every single kid around goes crazy for pomodoro sauce! It is so easy to make a homemade pomodoro sauce that you will never buy the jarred variety again!
Casarecce pasta with pomodoro sauce
- 300 g casarecce pasta
- 200 g fresh tomato
- onions , garlic and fresh basil Whole garlic, and chopped Onions
- 1 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 handful cherry tomato cut into half
- salt for pasta and to taste
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Boil a pot of water and add the tomatoes ( add tomato according to pot ) , Boil for about 30 to 60 seconds, or until the skins start to peel back. remove the tomatoes with a spoon and drop them into the ice bath. after cooled in the ice bath (about 1 minutes), take them out
- After Blanched use your hand to quickly squeeze out most of the seeds. before blanched remove eye from tomato its helps to take out the mostly seeds easily .This should only take a few minutes!
- After remove skin and remove seeds you need to chopped tomatoes roughly, then start cooking. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Be sure to stir the garlic and onion constantly so that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the fresh herbs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Depending on the sweetness of your tomatoes, you may need to add a dash of sugar too, to taste. Your Quick & Easy Pomodoro Sauce is ready . (Click in The blue link and learn how to make Quick & Easy Pomodoro Sauce )
- Wash the cherry tomatoes, dry them and cut them in half. Peel the onions and chopped too Peel the garlic.
- Put the extra virgin olive oil into a deep frying pan or skillet and add the onions , garlic Cook over a medium heat until all the ingredients start to soften. Stir often.
- Add the POMODORO SAUCE and cherry tomatoes, salt to taste. Mix everything together well and cook covered for 5 to 6 minutes.
- While the POMODORO SAUCE is cooking, put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Add salt once it starts to boil and bring to the boil again. Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packet. Before draining the pasta save a cup of the cooking water.
- Add the drained pasta to the POMODORO SAUCE and mix together well. If the sauce seems dry add some of the pasta cooking water.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of ground black pepper, chopped basil or parsley and grated cheese (if required)