Chicken Caesar Bowl
(Cook with Harish)
This Caesar salad does not mess around. It has everything in great amounts to make it an extremely flavorful and sustaining side dish (or meal in itself). Can add cooked chicken breast if desired to make it more of a meal-in-one
FOR THE HOMEMADE CAESAR DRESSING:
- 1 very small clove garlic, peeled
- ~5 capers
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan-style cheese
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Chicken breast
- Black pepper
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil (not extra virgin)
- ~10 thin spears asparagus
- 80 g frozen edamame (~ 1/2 cup)
- Black pepper
- 3 leaves large handfuls mixed salad
- Parmesan-style cheese, shaved
- To make the homemade Caesar dressing, add the small clove of garlic to a mini food processor, and add a few capers and the finely grated Parmesan. Blitz until finely chopped. Add the Greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and plenty of black pepper, and blitz again until well combined. Taste, and adjust quantities as desired (remember it will taste overly strong and tangy straight from the bowl).
- Cut the slice of bread into 1 inch pieces, and toss in a little olive oil, along with the asparagus and edamame (I cooked mine straight from frozen, but fresh would work too). Lay everything out in a single layer on a baking tray, and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F) for around 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway, until the croutons are crispy and the vegetables are soft.
- Cook the Chicken breast in grilled for around 8-9 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- To assemble the Caesar salad, fill two large dinner bowls with mixed lettuce leaves. Top with the halved croutons, roasted edamame and asparagus, and a few shavings of Parmesan. Finish with the Chicken Breast and Caesar dressing, and serve immediately.