Chicken Tikka Quesadilla
(Cook With Harish)
Quesadilla is very popular food in mexico, if you making plan to going to have lunch or dinner in Mexican restaurant then you can found Quesadilla easily. The quesadilla has its origins in colonial Mexico, in mexico everybody make this at home, in 16 century people start to make this recipe in clay oven With squash and pumpkin. in mexico everybody have different recipe some people like to use meat some people like to use kidney beans, Quesadilla is incomplete without cheese.
As you know quesadilla have so many types of ingredients to make. Everybody has his Unique and delicious way to make with Spicy tomato salsa and Guacamole. Mostly people like purchase tortilla from store or super market but till now in mexico like to make tortilla in home, if you take my opinion i don’t like purchase tortilla from the store or super market, i like to make own my own so today in this post we going to make home made tortilla.
Home made tortilla.
First thing First making tortilla is not rocket science, is very easy to make. in India or other country this same process we all use to make chapati (roti) at home, there is only one different only what ingredients we use to make tortilla. i know all moms how they cook round roti in home everyday, so lets start how to make homemade tortilla steps by steps at home.
- Whole wheat flour 2 Cups.
- All purpose flour 1 Cup.
- Ghee 3 tablespoon.
- Baking Powder half teaspoon.
- Granulated Sugar 1 tablespoon.
- A pinch of Salt.
- Mix Wheat flour, and rest of all ingredients together with salt in a bowl. Add warm water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to flour mixture until a smooth and very thick dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a work surface and knead for 10 minutes. Let dough rest for 1 hour, rubbed little oil and cover with wet cloth.
- Divide dough into 4 balls and use a hand to roll same like chapati.
- Now i am adding small twist, do not make same like chapati try to make little big normally we use 9 inches tortilla.
- make sure sure the tawa is heated well on medium-flame heat before you put the Tortilla on it.
- Once tortilla is done you can see clear difference between in roti and tortilla.
Chicken tikka quesadilla
- Plain Tortilla one is enough
- cheddar cheese shredded
- Mozzarella cheese shredded
- red and yellow bell pepper julienne
- red onions half moon slice, and chopped onions
- Fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds) and cumin seeds for filling
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic. for filling
- Fresh Green chili Finely chopped
- Chicken Tikka Cut into
- Whole avocado cut into small cubes
- 3 teaspoon guacamole
- 4 teaspoon pico de gallo
- 3 teaspoon Fresh sour cream
- Salt And crushed Pepper to taste
- Lemon Wedges
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Then add ¼ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds) and ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Then add ⅓ cup finely chopped onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add 1 teaspoon chopped garlic.
- Stir and saute till the raw aroma of garlic goes away.
- Then add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon coriander powder and ½ teaspoon garam masala powder. Mix very well.
- Then add ⅓ cup julienne bell pepper & saute for 1 or 2 minutes, Also add salt as per taste, Mix very well.
- On a low to medium flame saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Do make sure that the veg stuffing is dry.
- Next add ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves, Mix very well.
- in the end add ¼ cup chopped or julienne Chicken tikka, Check the taste and add more salt. Mix very well and keep the chicken tikka stuffing aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Warm your tortilla for about 45 seconds, flipping halfway, then cover quesadilla with full of mix cheese. half quesadilla with chicken tikka stuffing.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook, flipping once, until golden, 4 minutes per side. Repeat to make rest of quesadillas.
- let cheese melt, Slice into wedges and serve with pico de gallo, Guacamole, dice Avocado, sour cream, and lemon wedge.