(Cook with Harish)
I like different spices so much, much more homemade one. specially in occasions or special menu i like to use homemade masala. my mom taught me hoe to make this masala.
Lets start learn how to make homemade masala steps by steps.
- 40 gram Cumin seeds
- 20 gram garlic cloves
- 30 gram Yellow mustard seeds
- First peeled garlic and keep a side.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat for a minute. Add cumin seeds and stir often to turn the seeds for even browning. Roast seeds for 3-4 minutes. Once roasted seeds will become a darker shade of brown and diffuse a nutty, earthy aroma.Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the seeds to a plate for faster cooling, and keep a side.
- Take some Yellow mustard seeds.
- Then simply throw your spices in the grinder, mix it up Well. once your magical masala is done keep a side.
- Now your homemade masala is ready.