(Cook with Harish)
Who doesn’t like Indian raita ?…. in India we have so many types of raita. the main ingredients of raita is curd and in curd we have more then 10 types of benefits, if we add curd in our daily diet routine.
As you can see i already mention so many types of raita in my recent post, for more varieties. you can choose any of them and add in your daily diet routine.
So today we are here to Showing you a different types of raita, Kumaoni Raita found easily in valley of uttarakhand, loaded with the protein, vitamin, and different types of taste.
In this Recipe we use pahadi Kakad ( cucumber)
Lets start learn how to make Kumaoni raita steps by steps.
- Pahadi Kakad (Cucumber) one is enough
- 200 gram Curd hung curd
- 1 tbsp Homemade masala
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ Teaspoon red chili powder
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon coriander Powder
- Place a colander or filter over a container to collect whey. Spread a muslin cloth over a colander or filter. Add Curd to the cloth. Make a knot and hang it just above your kitchen sink, so that the whey drips to the sink. Leave it for about 45 minutes
- This is little difficult to understand for all of you because in uttarakhand people use a different kind of tool. i am going to use this but you can grate normally cucumber.
- firstly peel the Cucumber and Place on a chopping board and cut the Cucumber into halves from the centre remove seeds before grate. Now hold a vegetable grater in one hand and the cucumber on the other and start grate.
- Take a mixing bowl add hung curd and grated cucumber together.
- Add homemade masala and other spices ( turmeric, red chili, rai seeds, coriander powder ) and salt to taste and mix well lose hands.
- Now kumaoni raita is ready to serve with Dal chawal , side with some sabji with chapati.