(Cook with Harish)
Bite size pieces of Kukad (Chicken) marinated with chopped lehsun (garlic) dry chillies, salt and Lemon juice ; cooked with onion and tomatoes, and finished off with green chillies for an extra kick; this is a wonderfully balanced blend of flavours. Simple ingredients, honest plate of food – this is finger-lickin’ good! This is the sort of food that’s a sure shot party hit!
- 500 grams Kukad (chicken) small pieces
- 3 tablespoons Lehsun (garlic) finely chopped
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry red chillies
- 2 green chillies fine chopped
- 1 To 2 Numbers fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- fresh coriander chopped
- Finely chop onions, tomato, and garlic.
- Lightly chopped the Lehsun (garlic) Marinate the Kukad (chicken) pieces with the crushed dry chillies, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Mix well, and let it sit for an hour. You can skip the marination, but to get all the great flavours of garlic, you SHOULD marinate.
- Heat some oil in a thick-bottomed pan Add chopped onions and cook on a medium flame while stirring occasionally.
- Saute the onions till they are tender and cooked well. When the onions start turning brown, add the chopped tomatoes, and cook further.
- Cook on a low flame till the onion and tomato mix reach a thick paste like consistency Add salt, sugar, and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Combine well Switch off when the water start to disappear.
- Transfer the contents to a bowl.
- Use the same pan, add a little oil, and braise the marinated chicken on a high flame.
- Stir occasionally and fry for a couple of minutes. Lower the flame, and cook with the lid closed for about 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, add the onion-tomato paste back to the pan, mix well, and cook on a low flame.
- Add salt if required Cook till Kukad (chicken) pieces is evenly coated. Add the chopped green chillies, and a tablespoon of finely chopped fresh coriander.
- Combine well Cook for a couple of minutes, and switch off.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or chopped , and serve hot.
- You can enjoy this Lehsuni Kukad on its own, or with some fragrant rice.
- Recommendation: For best results, serve 4-5 hours after cooking. This will help the flavours to develop further. Heat it up in a pan just before serving.