(Cook with Harish)
Makhana Raita Recipe is a nutritious, slightly crisp accompaniment made from curd and lotus seeds. It is best to serve it along with main course dishes. Here is a step by step recipe to make makhana raita.
Phool Makhana Raita Recipe is a nutritious, slightly crisp accompaniment made from curd and lotus seeds. It is best to serve along with main course dishes.
Course Side Dish Cuisine Indian Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 20 minutes Servings people 4 Calories 49 kcal
- 1 and 1/2 cup Curd
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 2 cups Makhana
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Finely Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Coriander Finely Chopped
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add makhana and roast on medium flame until they are crisp.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Remove the roasted makhana in a plate and let them cool.
- Slightly crush them using a rolling pin.
- Whisk curd in a bowl until smooth.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add the crushed makhana, black salt, roasted cumin powder, green chilli and fresh coriander and mix well.
- Now add more milk if the raita is too thick.
- Chill for a few hours before serving