(Cook with Harish)
Fruit Raita is a delicious and healthy dip that is prepared with yogurt and diced fresh fruits, both great for digestion and packed with nutrients. This raita is very easy to make and is a great way to include fruits in your diet. Fruit raita should be served chilled and is very enjoyable in the hot summers.
Servings: 4 Category: Desserts Cuisine: Indian Total Time: 50 mins Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 45 mins Nutrition (per serving) Calories: 177 Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 6g
- 2 Cup Plain Curd/ Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kala Namak/ Rock Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kali Mirch/ Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bhuna Jeera/ Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 Cup Fruits, like bananas, grapes, apples, pears etc.
- Take 2 cups of curd in a mixing bowl. Add around 1/2 cup of milk in small increments. You can also use water instead of milk.
- Beat the curd and milk into a smooth mixture. Adjust the quantity of milk to get a thick pouring consistency.
- Now add sugar, kala namak (rock salt), kali mirch (black pepper powder), chaat masala and bhuna jeera (roasted cumin powder).
- Add 1 cup of any fruits of your choice. I have added diced bananas, grapes, apples and pears. You can also add finely cut dry fruits like cashews and almonds. Fruit raita is ready. Serve it chilled.