(Cook with Harish)
Sprouts are full of nutrition and the best source of a balanced food. Sprouts are alkaline in nature and hence improve the health in many respects. They are helpful in complete purification of the body and also improve the disease fighting capacity of the body. Sprouts also increase the nutritional value of food.
So let us try an easy, nutritional and tasty salad.
- Green gram (cherupayar) – 2 tbsp
- Red chori( vanpayar) – 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek (oluva) – 1 tbsp
- chick peas (kadala) – 1 tbsp
- 2 cups of mix sprouted beans
- 1 small or medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli (optional), finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice or as required
- 1 boiled potato or sweet potato (optional)
- A few coriander leaves and lemon slices for garnishing
- Rock salt or black salt as required
• Rinse the sprouted in water.
• You can either steam them or boil them till they are completely cooked.
• Strain the cooked sprouts.
• Mix all the ingredients except the salt and lemon juice in a bowl.
• Season with salt and add a few drops of lemon juice. Garnish with lemon slices and coriander leaves.
• Serve immediately.