One pot Dubuk (gahat ki dal)
(Cook With Harish)
Apart from common pulses like moong, rajma and arhar, some other pulses are also famous in uttarakhand. Gahat (horse gram) is also one famous lentil, which you may have never heard of Gahat Ki dal (horse gram) enjoys a special status in the medical world, as studies on it have revealed its many medicinal properties. Know with us in this article how gahat ki dal (horse gram) can help you for problems related to the body, but first of all, know what gahat ki dal is.
Gahat ki dal which is known as horse gram in English. Horse gram or Gahat ki Dal recipe is a healthy recipe as it has rich amount of proteins, vitamins, and iron which help in reducing weight, cure Kidney Stone, Heart disease, asthma etc.
The seeds of Gahat have natural qualities that work as fat burners. Studies have proven that Ghat seeds can directly attack the fatty tissues stored in the body. with its excellent nutrient profile and plenty of antioxidants, protects you against kidney stones and gall stones and also prevents lifestyle disorders. Has the potential to fight hunger, anemia, growth retardation, maternal mortality, fetal and infant abnormalities of the malnourished population.
If you follow a vegetarian or a vegan diet, ghat ki dal (horse gram) is the best source of protein that you can include in your diet. Other than protein, it is loaded with dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals and is low in calories, which makes it an amazing food for everyone, especially for the ones who are watching their weight.
today we going to make Dubuk lets start how to make. start steps by steps.
One pot Dubuk (gahat ki dal)
- Stone Grinder or grinder machine
- 300 gram gahat ki dal horse gram
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon hing powder Asafoetida
- 4 tbsp mustard oil or vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup spring water if you need
- Soak the gahat ki dal with water overnight or for at least 6 hours. You want to cover the gahat with about 2 inches of water.
- i think of a place to put the stone grinder. I put it next to my wash basin as i feel it will be easy to clean. The stone is heavy and cannot be easily moved around. Also we must keep in mind that if not regularly moved and cleaned under there might be some unwanted centipede visitors.
- now i am going to grind soaked gahat nicely.
- After two, three times gahat mixture is ready.
- In a heavy bottom kadhai, heat oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the hing add the cumin seeds, garlic, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric. Saute few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the grind gahat ki dal to the Kadhai and mix. I also added 1/2 cup water here as Dubuk looked very thick to me.
- Let the Dubuk simmer for 4 to 5 minutes add some salt as per your taste Close the pan with a lid.
- Let it remain like this for 5 to 10 minutes. After 5 to 10 minutes, remove lid and taste Dubuk its cook little chunky check the salt. and serve with steamed rice and Kumaoni Raita