Pine Apple Raita
(Cook with Harish)
For pineapple raita it is best to use thick yogurt. So I put my yogurt in a strainer and let it stand for 15 minutes to get rid of all excess water. You can skip this step if your yogurt is really thick. Similarly you can let the yogurt strain for even an hour or two if there is a lot of water in it. Creamy thick yogurt creamy raita . Awesomeness! This raita is supposed to be sweet so other than the chopped pineapple [which were sweet] I also added some sugar in it. Other spices that went into the yogurt were cumin powder, black salt, smoked paprika and chooped mint fresh. I love the flavor of mint in my yogurt, makes it so refreshing! You can of course use fresh mint, that would taste even better.
Ready in few minutes, this pineapple raita is creamy, delicious and the perfect side dish for just about any meal!
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons pineapple, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- A pinch teaspoon smoked
- Chopped fresh mint
- Â¾ teaspoon sugar
- Â¼ teaspoon black salt
- coriander leaves
- Measure 1 cup of yogurt in a strainer and let it sit for 15 minutes. This is to drain excess water from the yogurt as pineapple raita tastes better when the yogurt is thick.
- After 15 minutes, transfer the yogurt to a bowl and add black salt, smoked paprika,chopped mint, cumin powder and sugar.
- Whisk the yogurt till spices are well mixed.
Pineapple Raita Recipe Step-by-step
- Measure 1 cup of yogurt in a strainer and let it sit for 15 minutes. This is to drain excess water from the yogurt.
- After 15 minutes, transfer the yogurt to a bowl and add black salt, smoked paprika, mint flakes, cumin powder and sugar. Whisk the yogurt till spices are well mixed.
- Add the chopped pineapple pieces to the yogurt and mix.
- Finally add some chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Pour the raita into serving bowl and garnish with chopped pineapple pieces.
- Sprinkle some mint on top and chill the raita before serving.
- Chill the raita before serving. Pineapple raita is the perfect condiment to any spicy Indian curry and tastes best when chilled.
- used canned pineapple for this recipe but you can use fresh pineapple too, in fact that would taste even better.