(Cook with Harish)
Russian Salad also known as Olivier Salad is made from parboiled vegetables and fruits mixed with a yogurt & mayonnaise based dressing and thus its flavor and texture is quite different from the normal salads. Yoghurt gives an extra burst to the salad and makes it quite soothing.
The most commonly used fruits & vegetables in a Russian Salad are potatoes, carrots, peas, apple and pineapple. You can add other ingredients like beans, sweet corn, cucumber, pomegranate seeds, strawberries, grapes, oranges and even paneer cubes.
Total Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 Medium Sized Potato
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 1/2 Cup Diced Cucumber
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Apple Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Diced Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Grapes
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
Step By Step Instructions:
- Boil potatoes, carrot and peas. Then chop them into small pieces, but don’t mash them.
- Also chop cucumber, apple, pineapple, grapes and strawberries.
- Mix all the chopped fruits and vegetables in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine yogurt with Salt, Black Pepper Powder & Sugar and mix well.
- If required you can add very little water to make a dressing of coating consistency. Take care not to add too much water otherwise the dressing will become runny.
- Pour the dressing over the fruits & vegetables and toss to coat them evenly. Chill the salad for a couple of hours before serving.