(Cook With Harish)
Are you ready for a seriously awesome Shrimp recipe that’s versatile and perfect for any time of day?
These Shrimp Cake are delicious baked or fried. I tried them both ways and loved them equally! They’re crispy on the outside, soft from inside, and full of veggies and Shrimp ! These cakes are healthy enough for a nutritious savoury snacks , or a simple side dish. They’re great for a hot, savoury snack, and of course, their small size makes them ideal for little appetizers too!
Since these Shrimp Cake are rather basic flavour-wise, you can really play around with them to make totally different results every time you make them! I enjoyed this basic Shrimp recipe which complimented a variety of sauces from good ketchup to vegan mayo-based sauces, and it was fantastic with my Chilli lime Aioli too.
- 500 g shrimp minced or chopped
- 10 g Cilantro chopped
- 10 g oregano fresh or Dry
- 10 g parsley chopped
- 10 g chives chopped
- lime Zest one is enough
- lemon zest one is enough
- 20 g red peppers , Green peppers Chopped
- 15 g red onions Chopped
- 400 g Breadcrumbs
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- i tbsp cumin roasted
- salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 10 whole egg
- vegetable oil for frying
- Chop all the vegetables and set aside.
- Chop all the Herbs and set aside.
- bring a large pot of salted water to a boil with some fresh lemon slice. Once boiling, add the shrimp and boil until they’re pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove the shrimp to an ice bath, which is a bowl of water and ice. This will stop the cooking immediately, leaving the shrimp perfectly tender.
- Chopped shrimp or use robo coupe to break it into very small pieces set aside.
- Take the shrimp and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients (red chili powder, roasted cumin,herbs, red and green peppers, onions, lime and lemon zest etc) and mix together until well combined. set the seasoning properly then scoop the mixture into small patties and freeze, after over night in the freezer.
- Beaten eggs in different bowl, plain flour in different bowl.
- Dip patties in Flour first than Into Eggs and Crumb with homemade bread crumb.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, drop Shrimp cakes and deep-fry on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in color from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve Curried Fish Cakes immediately with green chutney and chilly lime aioli